10 March 2020
A consortium led by Community Development Society (CDS) together with Community Human Resource Development Program (CHURDEP) and SirijansheelYouth Society (SYS) is implementing a three years project (January 2019 - December 2021) named "Preservation of Biodiversity through Restoration of Eco-system and Revitalization of the River(EPP)" in Manthali and Ramechhap Municipalities of Ramechhap district funded by Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and terre des hommes (tdh) Germany. The objectives of the project are to participate of local communities in maintaining the biodiversity of river ecosystems in Manthali and Ramechhap for safer communities and improving livelihood and to engage the communities and CBOs at local to national level to improve the protection and sustainable management of ecosystems. So the consortium is looking for innovative, self-motivated and dynamic candidates for the following position.
Position: Project Coordinator
Contract Type: Fixed term till December 2021
Benefit: 65,000+ NPR per month
Location: Office-based, at Manthali/Ramechhap
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall project management (planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting).
- Develop and follow work-plans to enable timely and effective implementation of project activities.
- Lead the project team and provide guidance and support to the project team in order to carry out activities in line with the implementation approach.
- Carry out regular monitoring, follow up and supervision of project activities along with component-wise coordinator to ensure that implementation is in-line with quality standards as per project proposal including government acts and policies.
- Maintain strong coordination with district and municipal level stakeholders.
- Guide to Admin/Finance and budget planning and control. Ensure that the expenses are being incurred as per project financial guidelines and BMZ/tdh.
- Ensure the documentation and prepare progress report and provide regular updates as per the need of BMZ/tdh and project guideline.
- Working closely with Program Manager/Executive Director of CDS and as well as focal person of other partners and country coordinator of thd Nepal.
Qualification and experience:
- Master degree in Forestry/Environment Science/Natural Resource Management/Agriculture/Climate Change with 3 years of relevant work experience as a Programme Coordinator in NGOs.
- Knowledge and skill of staff coaching/counselling, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of overall planning, implementation and monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent English and Nepali writing and speaking skills.
- Riding motorbike is an additional advantage.
Qualified and interested Nepalese individuals will be required to apply a cover letter stating how his/her expertise matches the requirements of the positions as specified above along with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org within 16th March 2020 – 4:00 PM through the email. A hard copy can be dropped in the Community Development Society, Manthali Office or Community Human Resource Development Program (CHURDEP), Ramechhap Office or Sirijansheel Youth Society (SYS) Manthali Office. Candidates from Dalit, Janjati, Madhesi, Women and marginalized community are encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further selection process. Written exam and Interviews will be held on 20th March 2020 in Manthali, Ramechhap. The successful candidates will be expected to complete the fixed term contract and will be available to start as soon as possible. The telephonic inquiry will not be entertained.
Environment Protection Project (EPP)
Staff Selection Committee
Manthali Municiplaity-1 Akashe, Ramechhap